At Homelingua we offer home tuition courses to overseas students. Living and learning in the home of a teacher is the most effective way to learn English.
What are the benefits of home tuition for the teacher?
- Flexible work in the comfort of your own home. You can choose when you want to have students and enjoy the convenience of working in your own home.
- You can enjoy the independence of being self employed, but with the support of an experienced organisation behind you.
- No office or school politics and a minimum level of administration.
- Great job satisfaction. Our teachers get great job satisfaction from working with students on a one to one level.
What are the benefits of home tuition for the student?
- The teacher is handpicked for the student by a member of the Homelingua team to match the students interests, needs and level of English.
- The course is tailor-made by the teacher for the student.
- The student is immersed in the English language inside and outside of lessons.
- Better value for money than studying in a language school with many students.
What kind of teachers are we looking for?
From our experience our most successful teachers have:
- A passion for English language teaching.
- A recognised EFL qualification: CELTA, TESOL, other ACELS accredited English teaching qualification or PGCE
- A strong feeling of empathy towards other people.
- Patience and a willingness to share their home and time with the visiting student.
What do our teachers need to provide?
The requirements vary depending on the course, but as a general rule our teachers need to provide:
- Comfortable accommodation and meals.
- One-to-one English language tuition.
- A warm welcome and integration into the day-to-day life of your family.
- Picking up and dropping off to and from the nearest station convenient for the student.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form and a member of the Homelingua team will be in touch by email.
New teacher information pack
Click here to download our new teacher information pack containing more information about the role, code of conduct and other policies.